What is VASER Lipo? How does it differ from traditional liposuction?
An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, VASER Lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently reshape your body. What distinguishes the VASER Lipo procedure is its ability to differentiate fatty tissue from other important tissue structures – such as nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue. Innovative VASER technology breaks up fat while preserving other important tissues to promote smooth results and rapid healing. It is ideal for local anaesthesia. Patients unsuitable for traditional liposuction because of poor skin elasticity may be suitable for VASER Lipo because of an increased 55% skin retraction.
What is the difference between VASER Lipo and laser lipolysis?
The main differences are how the technologies treat the fat and what kind of treatments can be performed. Laser lipolysis uses a laser fiber to deliver laser energy to the fatty tissue through an incision in the skin. Laser lipolysis is not tissue selective, so important tissue structures like blood vessels and nerves can be damaged in the treatment. VASER Lipo, on the other hand, uses a thin probe to deliver ultrasonic energy to selectively break apart the fat while preserving important tissues to promote fast recovery and smooth skin retraction. Typically, laser lipolysis is only used to treat small areas of localized fat. VASER Lipo can be used to treat both small and large areas of the body. Both of these procedures use small instruments and can be performed in-office while you are awake.
What body areas can be treated with VASER Lipo?
Abdomen, thighs, knees, ankles, calves, buttocks, hips, back, arms, male and female breasts, love handles, chin and facial areas.
How much fat can be taken? Can you treat multiple areas at once?
Yes, we can treat more than one area during your VASER Lipo procedure. There is a proven 35% lower blood loss compared to traditional liposuction.
Where is VASER® Lipo performed?
VASER Lipo is performed in a clean or sterile environment. It can be carried out under local anaesthesia at our minor operating room or in the hospital. The procedure can be performed under local anesthesia (awake), IV sedation, or general anaesthesia.
How soon will I see my results? What is the recovery time?
This varies with the extensiveness of the procedure - the amount of fat removed, the number of areas treated, and so on. Because the ultrasonic energy used in the VASER Lipo procedure is tissue selective, patients report minimal pain and bruising, and fast recovery. Many patients report they are able to return to work within a few days and say they see results immediately after the procedure with the final result at around 3 to 6 months.
What about future weight gain / fat migrating to other areas?
This is a common misperception. Following your VASER Lipo procedure, should you experience weight gain or loss, it will tend to be proportionately distributed over your entire body. Once you have fat removed, it is gone and, assuming a healthy lifestyle of proper diet and exercise, it will not return or migrate. However, because fat is necessary to a healthy body, some essential fat layers in any given area remain untreated. If you do gain a significant amount of weight, the remaining fatty tissue will expand. Normal ageing changes can also be expected.
How can I be certain VASER Lipo is right for me?
If you are frustrated by the resistance of certain body areas to diet and exercise, VASER Lipo can provide a solution. If you are healthy and seeking a fast, low-pain solution to losing stubborn fat deposits, the VASER Lipo procedure could be your answer. Although there are limits to the amount of fat that can be removed, your doctor can assist you with your decision about potential areas for sculpting, anticipated results, and the recovery process.
How much does the treatment cost?
VASER Lipo is an advanced procedure but by carrying out the procedure under local anaesthesia as an out patient, the fees are significantly reduced.
- Small (eg neck) - £2500
- Medium (eg both thighs) - £3600
General Anaesthesia/IV sedation
- Small - approx. £5266
- Medium - approx. £6333
- Large - approx. £7763
- Complex - approx. £9027
LIPOSUCTION INFORMED CONSENT FORM
- DO NOT SMOKE for two weeks prior to and two weeks after surgery. Smoking decreases your circulation and slows down healing time.
- DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN or products containing aspirin for two weeks prior to or following your scheduled surgery. Aspirin has an effect on your blood’s ability to clot and could increase your tendency to bleed at the time of surgery and during the post-operative period. Please read our entire Medication Alert.
- Limit your alcohol intake for five days prior to surgery. Alcohol may create complications and increase bruising.
- IF YOU DEVELOP A COLD, FACIAL SORE, FEVER, OR ANY OTHER ILLNESS PRIOR TO SURGERY, PLEASE NOTIFY US.
- DAY PRIOR AND SURGERY MORNING, please shower using only antibacterial soap (ask your surgeon). Males receiving abdominal or flank treatment may prefer to shave the treatment area; females receiving abdominal or thigh treatments may prefer to shave pubic areas below the hair line.
- WEAR COMFORTABLE, DARK, LOOSE-FITTING CLOTHING on surgery day – including a shirt that buttons all the way up the front. Slip-on shoes are recommended for maximum post-operative comfort.
- LEAVE JEWELLERY AND VALUABLES AT HOME. Do not wear wigs, hairpins or hairpieces.
- SURGERY TIMES ARE ESTIMATES ONLY - you could be at the facility longer than indicated.
- ARRANGE FOR A DRIVER TO AND FROM SURGERY. We cannot discharge you to a taxi. Make sure to prepare your car and house before your surgery, so that you can come home and relax. We suggest that you safeguard your car seat and bedding with a protective cover to prevent staining.
- PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIETARY GUIDELINES INDICATED BY CHECKBOX:
- NPO (nothing by mouth) after midnight prior to surgery.
- Fluids only after midnight evening prior to surgery.
- Light breakfast day of surgery.
Instructions on discharge
- On the day of discharge there will be waterproof dressings under the pressure garment.
- Pressure garment to be worn day and night for 2 weeks but can be removed once a day for a quick shower.
- TED stockings to be worn for 2 weeks.
- One spare pressure garment will be provided.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Drink a lot of fluid to replace the fluid remvoved during the liposuction.
- Usually about a week after the surgery when thewounds will be inspected.
- No restrictions on activities but wise to avoid anything strenuous for the first 2 weeks.
Wound care for first 3 months
- Micropore tape to the scars - once well healed - for at least 3 months. The micropore tape is to stay on for showering and baths and simply patted dry and not to be changed until it is very loose and almost falling off by itself. Frequent removal of the micropore tape can irritate the scar.
- Moisturise the scars after the first 3 months.
- Moisturise the skin.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.
What our Patients say
Vaser Liposuction Testimonials
"Fantastic surgeon. Amazing team. Kind, caring and considerate. Professional and friendly manner. This is another procedure 10 years on from a different procedure...”
"My experience of cosmetic surgery has been 100% positive from start to finish. I underwent surgery which included VASER liposuction to my abdomen and neck..."
Mrs K. M.
"As a man I was wary about embarking on a cosmetic surgery journey, but within 5 minutes of meeting Miss Kat, my concerns were eased as it was obvious..."
Mr L. L.
"Only 2 weeks ago I had Vaser Liposuction to multiple areas on my legs and wish I h ad done this years ago! I would visit the gym 4 times a week and eat healthy..."
Before / After Pictures
35-44 year old man treated with Vaser Liposuction
25-34 year old woman treated with Vaser Liposuction
35-44 year old woman treated with Vaser Liposuction
35-44 year old woman treated with Vaser Liposuction
45-55 year old woman treated with Vaser Liposuction
45-55 year old male treated with Vaser Liposuction
35-45 year old Female treated with Vaser Liposuction
35-45 year old Male treated with Vaser Liposuction