Breast Enlargement cosmetic surgery using patient’s own fat
It’s been an area of some controversy in the past year but the general consensus, after examining all the available clinical data, is that the procedure is safe.
As the procedure is relatively new, it should be performed by surgeons who are well versed in the technique and ideally carried out within a strict selection and treatment protocol.
I’ve been performing fat injection for the past eight years mainly into the face for facial rejuvenation, into the breast as part of a breast reconstruction procedure and into the buttocks for enhancement and projection.
The idea of using this technique for cosmetic enhancement of the breast has been very exciting and when the green light was given by the industry that it was safe, I immediately booked myself onto a workshop in Berlin in October.
I started looking for an appropriate patient that fitted the criteria to be my first and in November found an ideal candidate and carried out the procedure. Ms CJ was born with asymmetrical breasts. This is an ideal indication for fat transfer to the smaller breast to achieve symmetry. A breast implant would not have achieved a matching shape.
The patient is delighted with her larger right breast which is now symmetrical to her left, as well as flatter tummy and hips.
It is important for potential patients to realise that this is not a replacement for breast enlargement using silicone implants, which is still the best procedure for breast enlargement to achieve that two or more cup size increase.
Before fat transfer to the right breast.
3 months after fat transfer to right breast.
It is strictly for patients who do not want an implant and content to accept an increase in size of half to one cup size. You must have the available fat deposits of course!
My personal opinion is that this is a procedure that will attract a huge amount of interest.
However for it to be successful, it needs to be performed on appropriate patients by experienced surgeons. CC Kat Aesthetics intend to be at the forefront of this.
BREAST ENLARGEMENT WITH AUTOLOGOUS FAT PROCEDURE
Nights in hospital
Risks - common
bruising, swelling, temporary numbness. (see liposuction for donor site risks), require more than 1 session
Risks - uncommon
infection, asymmetry, bleeding, fat necrosis, oil cysts, benign calcification, difficulty with mammogram interpretation, excessive loss of fat cells. (see liposuction for donor site risks)
Pain and discomfort
3 - 7 days
Follow-up after surgery
1 week, 3 months
Time off work
2 weeks - everything
12 weeks until final result
Visit our FAQs page for more information regarding the surgery.
Breast Enlargement (Augmentation)
FAT TRANSFER PROCEDURES INFORMED CONSENT FORM
AUTOLOGOUS FAT INJECTION
Instructions on discharge
- The treated area will be swollen and bruised for 7-14 days depending on how large the treated area is.
- Cold compresses can be used for short periods of time for the first few days, this will help with bruising and swelling. Do not use ice directly on the skin as it can burn, wrap it in a clean cloth first.
- Do not press firmly or rub the affected area.
- Clean area very gently with a mild cleanser, if the lips have been treated, lubricate lips with Vaseline.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- The donor site (where the fat was taken from) can be washed gently and then pat dry.
- Appointment approximately 1 week after surgery when the dressing will be changed to a lighter dressing.
- Usually one or two dressings after this when the wound will still need to be kept dry.
- No restrictions but avoid strenuous activities for the first 2 weeks.
- Sleep with head slightly elevated on a few pillows for the first week and avoid bending head down.
- Moisturise scar after first 3 months.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.
What our Patients say
Breast Enlargement with Autologous Fat Testimonials
"From a very early age I have always been conscious of the size difference between my breasts. My right breast has always been smaller than my left...”
Before / After photos
Breast Enlargement with Autologous Fat photos
18-24 year old female treated with Fat transfer to right breast