WHAT IS AN EAR CORRECTION?
Prominent ears often lack a normal fold, and sometimes one ear is more prominent than the other. People with prominent ears are sometimes teased, particularly during their school years, and this can affect self confidence.
Pinnaplasty is an operation which adjusts the shape of the cartilage within the ear to create the missing folds and to allow the ear to lie closer to the side of the head.
PROMINENT EAR CORRECTION PROCEDURE
local or general
Nights in hospital
Risks - common
bruising, swelling, temporary numbness, temporary skin irregularity
Risks - uncommon
infection, excessive scarring, asymmetry, bleeding, permanent numbness, recurrence
Pain and discomfort
3 - 7 days
Follow-up after surgery
1 week, 3 months
Time off work
1 - 2 weeks
2 weeks - walking
12 weeks until final result
EAR CORRECTION FEES
Prominent Ear Correction (Pinnaplasty)
OTOPLASTY INFORMED CONSENT FORM
PROMINENT EAR CORRECTION
Instructions on discharge
- The pressure garment needs to be worn day and night until the dressing clinic at about 1 week.
- All dressings to be kept dry until further instructed.
- TED stockings to be worn for 2 weeks.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Wounds will be checked at the dressing clinic usually around a week after surgery.
- All sutures are dissolvable unless otherwiseinformed.
- No restrictions but avoid strenuous activities for the first 2 weeks.
- Sleep with head slightly elevated on a few pillows for the first week and avoid bending head down.
- Moisturise scar for 3 months.
- Head band to be worn around the ears at night for 1 month.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.
What our Patients say
Prominent Ear Correction Testimonials
"I have always hated my big ears! Even as a child I would walk with my head down in the wind, I would always get up earlier than my friends...”
"Dear Mrs Kat, Thank you! I would like to thank you so much as I am very happy with the outcome from all of my procedures..."
"Thank you for all your hard work and time into getting my ears perfect. I'm very grateful and so glad that I went ahead..."
"I would like to express my thanks to you and the team following my recent ear operation. I am really pleased..."
Before / After Pictures
25-34 year old man treated with Ear Surgery