If you have previously had breast implants to enhance the size of your breasts, but you have now decided you don't want them anymore, they can be surgically removed.
There may also be medical reasons why a breast augmentation needs to be reversed, or you might just want to change the size, shape or feel of your breasts. If so then new different sized implants can be inserted following removal of your original implants.
BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL PROCEDURE
Risks - common
bruising, swelling, temporary numbness
Risks - uncommon
infection, bad scarring, asymmetry, bleeding
Pain and discomfort
3 - 7 days
Follow-up after surgery
1 week, 3 months
Time off work
2 weeks - normal activities
12 weeks until final result
Visit our FAQs page for more information regarding the surgery.
REDUCTION MAMMAPLASTY INFORMED CONSENT FORM
BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL INFORMED CONSENT FORM
- On the day of discharge the sports bra is worn over the dressings to be worn day and night for the first 2 weeks.
- Gentle shower is allowed and pat dressings dry.
- Paracetamol may be taken as the local anaesthetic wears off.
- Appointment approximately one week after surgery when the tape under the breasts is removed.
- Wound is allowed to get wet after this.
- A gentle shower.
- Bathing from 3rd week onwards.
- No strenuous activities for the first two weeks.
General scar care for first 3 months
- Micropore tape to the scars – once well healed - for at least 3 months.
- The micropore tape is to stay on for showering and baths and simply patted dry and not to be changed until it is very loose and almost falling off by itself. Frequent removal of the micropore tape can irritate the scar.
- Moisturise scar after first 3 months.
- Moisturising to the surrounding breast skin.
If you experience any problems or have any queries following your surgery please call the clinic on 0845 3731818 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm), or call Natasha on 07595 278223 out of hours, or alternatively call BMI Priory hospital on 0121 440 2323 who can put you in contact with Mrs Kat.
Before / After Pictures