What is a body lift?
Procedure Before/After Fees Post-Operative Instructions Consultants Testimonials Frequently Asked Questions
A body lift, also known as a 360 body lift, belt lipectomy or circumferential body lift is a surgical procedure that removes excess fat and skin from the abdominal area to create a more contoured appearance.
A 360 body could be considered an extensive tummy tuck or 360 tummy tuck that continues around the sides to remove the loose "love handle" skin that continues onto the lower back. The advantage to this extensive removal of skin is that the looseness above the buttocks is removed which has the effect of lifting the buttocks as well.
What are the benefits of body lift surgery?
A lower body lift can be a life changing procedure, with many benefits including:
- Improved mobility by reducing the heavy lower abdomen and hips
- Surgery enables you to wear the clothes you want including bikinis with a low scar
- Abdominoplasty surgery can boost your self-esteem
- Helps to restore a youthful figure after pregnancy or significant weight loss
- Repairs abdominal muscles that can become seperated during pregnancy creating a permanent bulge
Am I suitable for a body lift?
Many factors will be taken into account when deciding whether a patient is suitable for abdominoplasty. Below are some ideal candidates for a tummy tuck.
- If you would like to improve your body contour due to loose skin and excess fat in your lower tummy and back which does not reduce with diet and exercise.
- If you have already lost a lot of weight and are close to your target weight.
- If you have significant abdominal muscle seperation (diastasis recti) following pregnancy.
- Patients at the clinic must be at or below 27 BMI and have no underlying health conditions. Surgery can be offered under general anaesthetic at the hospital for patients who are below 30 BMI.
- Patients should not smoke or vape.
What is the lock and glue tummy tuck?
The lock and glue tummy tuck or lipoabdominoplasty is an innovative approach combining internal locking stitches, tissue glue and local anaesthetic infusion pumps without the use of drains ( tubes left within the abdominal wound to drain excess blood and body fluids) which we use for all our tummy tuck patients. Find out more
The result is greater comfort for the patients, earlier mobilisation, earlier discharge and less risk of complications. The quilting and liposuction is effective in creating a more athletic looking abdomen with greater definitions.