MALE BREAST REDUCTION PROCEDURE
Nights in hospital
Risks - common
bruising, swelling, temporary numbness
Risks - uncommon
infection, bad scarring, asymmetry, bleeding, permanent numbness, nipple areola loss, seroma
Pain and discomfort
3 - 7 days
Follow-up after surgery
1 week, 3 months
Time off work
1 - 2 weeks
2 weeks - walking
12 weeks until final result
Visit our FAQs page for more information regarding the surgery.
Male Breast Reduction (Gynaecomastia)
GYNECOMASTIA INFORMED CONSENT FORM
MALE BREAST REDUCTION
Instructions on discharge
- On the day of discharge the drains will be removed.
- The pressure garment is to be worn day and night for 2 weeks.
- All dressings to be kept dry until further instructed.
- TED stockings to be worn for 2 weeks.
- Discharge with standard painkillers.
- Usually about a week after the surgery to check on the wound.
- First 2 weeks – minimal upper body activities.
- 2-6 weeks - normal daily activities including driving but no excessive stretching.
- 6 weeks onwards – all activities.
General scar care for first 3 months
- Micropore tape to the scars - once well healed – for at least 3 months. The micropore tape is to stay on for showering and baths and simply patted dry and not to be changed until it is very loose and almost falling off by itself. Frequent removal of the micropore tape can irritate the scar.
- Moisturise scar after first 3 months.
- Moisturising the rest of the abdominal skin and umbilical scar with active stretching of the umbilical scar to prevent shrinkage of the scar.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS OR HAVE ANY QUERIES FOLLOWING YOUR SURGERY PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT THE WARD.
What our Patients say
Male Breast Reduction Testimonials
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you profoundly for changing my whole life through your expert surgical skills which corrected my gynaecomastia.”
Before / After Pictures
Male Breast Reduction
18-24 year old man treated with Male Breast Reduction
25-34 year old man treated with Male Breast Reduction