Tummy Tuck Surgery in Birmingham
Procedure Before/After Fees Post-Operative Instructions Consultants Testimonials Frequently Asked Questions
Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) at our Birmingham clinic is a popular plastic surgery operation that is ideal for removing loose skin and repairing the abdominal muscle after pregnancy and weight loss. A tummy tuck aims to restore a smoother, more toned and youthful tummy. These conditions are not addressed well by liposuction alone or any of the popular skin tightening devices in the market.
Although abdominoplasty surgery does include surgical excision and liposuction, resulting in a level of weight loss, a tummy tuck is primarily performed to tighten excess skin gained during pregnancy or dramatic weight loss. Patients may be advised to lose weight prior to surgery in order to undergo the operation safely and see the best results.
What are the benefits of abdominoplasty surgery?
A tummy tuck can be a life changing procedure, with many benefits including:
- Improved mobility by reducing the heavy lower abdomen and hips
- Surgery enables you to wear the clothes you want including bikinis with a low scar
- Abdominoplasty surgery can boost your self-esteem
- Helps to restore a youthful figure after pregnancy or significant weight loss
- Repairs abdominal muscles that can become seperated during pregnancy creating a permanent bulge
Am I suitable for a tummy tuck?
Many factors will be taken into account when deciding whether a patient is suitable for abdominoplasty. Below are some ideal candidates for a tummy tuck.
- If you would like to improve your body contour due to loose skin and excess fat in your lower tummy which does not reduce with diet and exercise.
- If you have already lost a lot of weight and are close to your target weight.
- If you have significant abdominal muscle seperation (diastasis recti) following pregnancy.
- Patients at the clinic must be at or below 27 BMI and have no underlying health conditions. Surgery can be offered under general anaesthetic at the hospital for patients who are below 30 BMI.
- Patients should not smoke or vape.
What is the lock and glue tummy tuck?
The lock and glue tummy tuck or lipoabdominoplasty is an innovative approach combining internal locking stitches, tissue glue and local anaesthetic infusion pumps without the use of drains ( tubes left within the abdominal wound to drain excess blood and body fluids) which we use for all our tummy tuck patients. Find out more
The result is greater comfort for the patients, earlier mobilisation, earlier discharge and less risk of complications. The quilting and liposuction is effective in creating a more athletic looking abdomen with greater definitions.